Don't forget you can search for specific terms, artists or doujinshi using the search bar at the very top of the page. Please note that I won't have listed every single element in the blogpost so search results won't necessarily tell the whole story.


Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Yet more DQIX screens and class info

Well waiting for press released on DQIX is like waiting for a bus; you wait years for one and then several come along at once (is that just a British figure of speech?) Here we have yet more screenshots and previews of the different classes that will be making an appearance in the next Dragon Quest game.

What am I referring to? Well this is one set of screens, and this is an almost identical page.

I think seeing these images of the different classes alongside various battle scenes featuring them is the first time I've really, strongly felt "this game is going to be really good". Seeing some of the plot-centric NPC characters gave me a similar feeling but it's really nice to see some clearly defined previews of the classes in action - I guess it's because these are the sorts of images you'll tend to see in the game's manual.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really believe DQIX is going to be one of the best games in the series. It looks upbeat and of high quality, and engaging, and cute, and utterly positive. Sexy, too, I bet.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm sure the game will be quite 'Sexy'. And 'Tough', and 'Brave' and 'Elegant'...

lol, enough inside Dragon Quest/RPG jokes. I enjoy the small tidbits of information they are [finally] giving us. But somehow I just keep feeling it is all going to be so bittersweet. The Dragon Quest series seems to be 10 years ahead of many other RPG series in Japan in quality, design and consistency.

Yet when brought to the international market, the games seem to be stuck in 1987. With a healthy dose of cliche translation and 'changing everything because we can' to make the series look less like a Dragon Quest game and more like 'Generic Fantasy RPG series #2452'.

I fear the greatness of this game will not transverse the ocean, just as the latest Dragon Quest games have been hacked and mangled into a different product then the original product they were from their Japanese release.