Don't forget you can search for specific terms, artists or doujinshi using the search bar at the very top of the page. Please note that I won't have listed every single element in the blogpost so search results won't necessarily tell the whole story.


Thursday, July 24, 2008

Dragon Quest III visual novel

OK, something a bit different for you today. This is a fully-fledged visual novel in which you play the main (male) character of DQIII and make a party of women to, er, well I'm not exactly sure what you do because I can't read Japanese. I've just done two playthroughs, with 'skip' on constantly, and didn't get any hentai scenes. That said, the majority of images in the gallery are still locked. Basically, try it for yourself; I might just be doing something very wrong.

This download is presented to you in torrent form because to total size is around 600mb. It'll be slow at first because my upload speed is pretty bad but I'm doing super-seeding so if enough of you jump onboard it should end up going a lot faster. This is also a test of an idea that someone suggested to me via email the other day; a plan to make all of this site's content available via torrent so that you can keep up to date with a single torrent file.

Download the torrent here and please be patient. If you don't have a torrent program already, may I recommend µTorrent. You can see the game creator's site here but there isn't really much on it.

UPDATE: It is a hentai game, apparently. You can see two samples of the h-scenes here and here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I did something wrong or not... It installed and seemed fine until I tried to run it then I get an error box with no text in it and a blue window with what appears to be the games code and nothing seems to get it to work... I'll try reinstalling it, but other than that I have no idea what to do unless you have a suggestion...

Devoto said...

If you're the same guy that couldn't get Yusha no Chosen to work it sounds like I was right in what I said - you need the Japanese language pack and/or to change your region settings to Japanese. Even if you're not him it should be the same situation for you. Please go to the Yusha no Chosen comments for details.

Anonymous said...

Is this still a live link? I tried d/l'ng the game through the torrent program but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Thank you.

Devoto said...

There should be two seeds for it. That's what it says on the tracker page anyway:
http://deadfrog.fapis.com/entry.html?id=11805

Anonymous said...

After downloading the game, what program do you need to run the game? Thanks!

Devoto said...

You can either burn the game to CD using a program such as Nero Burning Rom. You'd want to select the image burning mode.

You could also download a program called Daemon Tools. That allows you to "mount" the image to a virtual CD drive; basically, Windows will think of the files as if they're on a CD, in a CD drive and you'll be able to install the game as if you'd burnt it to a CD.

If the game doesn't work once you've installed it you can do one of two things. One, change your Windows location settings to Japanese. You can do this in the Regional and Language Settings of the Control Panel. The only downside to this is that you'll maybe see backslashes as Yen signs...

The other option is to run the game through a program called AppLocale which will "trick" the program into thinking it's in the correct language environment (i.e. Japanese) rather than the wrong one.

If you have any problems with any of that, feel free to ask for help here again although I would say that just searching for the various terms I've used on Wikipedia or in Google will probably be a quicker way to get help.

For what it's worth, I use Daemon Tools and have changed my Windows region settings to Japanese.

Anonymous said...

can you reseed the torrent for a while ? can't see seeds atm